Haoning Yang Richter came to the U. S. in 1996. Before that, she worked in China as an executive board member helping the Chinese joint-venture motorcycle company, Sundiro Holding Ltd. go public in 1994.
Haoning earned both her B. S. degree in Accounting and Management Information Systems and her MBA from San Jose State University. After graduation, she worked for Grant Thornton LLP and performed financial audits for both private and public organizations.
Over the past 20 years, she has gained international experience in working for Fortune 100 companies including the following areas:
- Internal Audit
- SEC Reporting
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Cost Accounting
- Facilities and Construction
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Sales Operations and Compensation
Haoning holds the following active licenses and certifications:
- CPA – licensed in California
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified in COSO Framework and Internal Controls Model
- Corporate Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)
Haoning is an active member of:
- The Institute of Internal Auditors, San Jose Chapter
- The Society of Corporate and Compliance and Ethics (SCCE)
- Financial Executives International (FEI)
- The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Since January 2018, Haoning has been proof-reading the Chinese translations of privacy and information protection training materials for the IAPP.